30 March 2006

Wednesday... Bodypump

Yesterday I got the opportunity to shadow with Keri on the Bodyattack. I still have to get used to the carpet on the floor. I find it harder to move around with Bodyattack & Bodycombat with the carpet. With Bodypump I actually love it as it keeps you from sliding away with lunge tracks and it doesn't hurt your knees as much with stretching and 'lazy' push-ups. Okay I know I have to get on my toes, but with triceps push-ups that's just to hard for me. In the morning I did some Bodybalance and after Bodyattack I decided to stay for a few combat tracks with Olly. I ended up with doing the whole thing anyways. So that was tuesday for me.

Well today was awesome. Susan invited me back home, to team-teach her Bodypump class while I was up here in Auckland. Well, it finally happened. It was actually a kind of weird to do so, since I'm really used to teaching in Dutch and now all of sudden I had to explain and coach it all in English. But I came through without any Dutch, so that's good. I had a great time being on stage with Susan and all went well. It's so good to see so many people in a class. No matter who you are, what you are or what you look like, everyone just comes to the gym and does it. It's really in between the ears. In the Netherlands, people still find it difficult to find their way to the gym and once at the gym they sometimes are still afraid of getting into a class and finally end up just staying in the fitness room with the 'safe' stuff. After a while they get bored with that and then they say they don't like going to the gym. Well I think it's all in between the ears and I know I have a mission when I get back home. Anyone can do it, you just have to set your mind to doing it. Especially for all those couch-potatoes, get away from that tv, and start working out, enjoy and have a good time. You will start loving it, once you have done it a couple of times. Believe me. Groupfitness really helps you to enjoy your workouts. Make a nice combo with the fitnessroom and you can have different workouts during the week to work your whole body. It will fit in anyones schedule, just set your mind to it!

Today I also did Bodycombat with Rachael. Dan is still away and she felt a kind of lonely so at the end she invited me and 2 Japanese instructors up on stage. Cool! First time I actually saw Rachael and Dan teach was back home, while they were visiting my gym, about 1 1/2 years ago. I started loving Bodycombat even more than I already did at that time, and decided I wanted to teach Bodycombat from then on. This next to teaching Bodypump which I do for over 3 years now. So that's how the Bodycombat thing started for me.

Well, since I'm actually on holiday I decided to go see and do something today as well. I went to the Auckland Museum and found it very interesting. Unfortunately for me Tony Blair decided to visit at the same time as me, so it was quite busy with police and security. I was already surprised why all the police was out there since I wasn't aware I did anything illegal :-), but then I understood, it wasn't because of me, It was all beacuse of Mr. Blair. Luckily he only had a quick visit, so I didn't have to wait for too long. It's a nice place and I ended up talking with a WOII veteran. A really nice man who told me a lot about his time with the 21st batallion of NZ during the war. Later I walked around for 3 hours to Parnell and the different parks here in Auckland and after that ... well you've just read the whole thing.

1 comment:

Reymond said...

Oh, that was YOU on stage in Rachel's class!!! I had no idea that was you until I read your post. Glad you're enjoying your time in Auckland :)