25 March 2006

In Auckland .... finally

Well, I'm finally here in Auckland. Arriving on 23 March, I had a good flight from Christchurch to Auckland, got my baggage quickly and when I walked out of the terminal building the shuttle bus to town just came driving up in front of me. Within 30 minutes I was at the hotel. I have my own room here as I didn't want to stay in a dorm for over a week. Especially not as I want to do as many Les Mills classes as possible. In the afternoon I decided to go find out where Les Mills is located and figure out how long it would take me walking to the gym. Well it's about a 15-20 minute walk to the gym, so I have an extra workout every day, just by walking back and forth. Street are pretty steep up here and that's something I hade not expected. One of the fitness instructors showed me around the gym and it;s cool to finally see studio one, were all the taping is done for the dvd's. I can't believe how big it is. It must me pretty neat to be up on stage for over 150 people in a class. We have a room capacity of about 40 people back home, so that's quite a difference. Especially when you imagine there is another studio (2) here, which is also pretty big, then a circuit room and a RPM studio. Must be cool to be able to work out here every day, or be able to teach here.

Yesterday evening I met an old collegue of mine who happened to be here in Auckland for a meeting. I was nice seeinig him again and it was also good to have met KLM collegues from the local office here in New Zealand.

This morning I did my first 2 classes. Bodypump with Mark S., who I only knew from Bodyattack and after that, Bodycombat with Rachel and Sarah instead of Dan as he is away unfortunately. I was pretty exhausted after that as I haven't been working out for 3 weeks now, but is was still awesome.

In the afternoon I enjoyed the sunshine by sitting on the grass listening to music and just by walking around a bit later. I now found a better place for internet as yesterday, and luckily it's not too far from the place I'm staying at.

No comments: