12 March 2006

From Christchurch

10 March
Finally arrived in New Zealand. After a long flight via Kuala Lumpur and Auckland I got in Christchurch friday late afternoon. It's good To finally get here. I had been looking forward so much to go to New Zealand and now I'm here. I just love it so far.

11 March
On saturday I did a walk thru the city, went to Cathedral squar, the Botanical gardens, walked along Avon River. The last took me a while to find out it was Avon River, because I had a different imagination from a river, but I loved to walk along it anyways. The sun was shining, the different smells in the botanical gardens where nice (from roses to lavender... mmm). In the afternoon I wnet to the Antarctic center and had the experience of what it would be like on the Southpole with a blizzard and temperatures of at least 20c below zero ... brrrr. I had dinner at le Cafe and went to bed early as I stille have a jetlag. Waking up in the middle of the night and not be able to go back to sleep.

12 March
Last night again, wide awake at three. It was raining and storming outside, so I decided to skipp my walk up to gondola if it would be still like that in the morning. Well that was the case, so I decided to go to Les Mills Christchurch and take a BODYPUMP class. As a Les Mills instructor in the Netherlands it's fun to see how it all goes in New Zealand. Ofcourse I'm planning to go to Auckland to see what it is like where it all really, really happens. But this was a good starter. Sunday morning 10 am usual time for BODYPUMP. The only difference is the time diffence and being in a class instead of in front of the class. It wasn't very busy, but I had a nice workout to start of this day. I also did a BODYSTEP class right before the BODYPUMP Luckily the weather is clearing up now, and this afternoon I will be catching a bus to go up to the gondola anyways. I find it pretty cold out here at the moment.

No comments: