18 March 2006

Queenstown

Today was a long drive from Fransz Joseph to Queenstown, but it was well worth it. Again amazing scenery. It allready started out at Lake Matheson, mirror lake. Even though the sun wasn't shining the view on the lake was awesome after it stopped raining. We had a few stops on the road during the day to take some pics and in the afternoon the sun even came out. I think so far I have been very lucky with weather. I heard stories of other backpackers just being in the rain all the time ... and I.... just some rain in Christchurch and some rain just this morning. I'll keep my fingers crossed it'll stay this way. Tomorrow I will go on a tour to Milford sound. It is supposed to be very nice, so I let yu know later wat I think about it. So far Queenstwn is okay. Lots of backpackers and I thick it's really been commercialized, but still a nice place to stay. Even if it was just for the drive here, which is so great. Today was also the last day with the driver I have had so far. He is a really nice guy who told a lot and is really enjoying his job. Too bad for me, he going further tomorrow.

I also have been checking my email again. It is so nice to receive all those emails from back home. And Susan, it'll be good meeting you again. I'm looking forward to go to Auckland and see Les Mills over there. Can hardly wait and I'm happy I still have so much good stuff coming up for my holiday.

No comments: