19 March 2006

Milford Sound

A long day, but it was well worth it. A beautyful drive through the mountains which brought me up to the boat to Milford Sound. The drive with the bus was again something unforgetable. Views of lakes, rivers and this cool temperate rainforest were really amazing. The weather was really good too, which surprised me, as it rains at least 4 out of every 7 days, which they have told me. But okay, I consider myself lucky and I have been enjoyed the boatrip on the upperdeck. Now I can understand why they missed out on this in the very beginning. When you look from they ocean up to the shore, it just seems a bay with really high rocks and nothing behind it. I saw some barracuda's jumping out of the water and because the sun was shining, I even giot to see rainbows at the waterfalls. The ride back on the bus was again long, but I managed to stay awake and again enjoyed the scenery. Had a quick dinner in Queenstown and then time to go to bed.

No comments: