21 March 2006

Lake Tekapo

Off to Lake Tekapo, but not before I have climbed world's steepest street here Dunedin. And I can tell, I'm glad I'm not living up there.... Imagine you forget something with your groceries. The drive to Tekapo went via Lake Pukaki. It was pretty cloudy so I missed out on the view of mount Cook. Too bad, so I'll ahve to buy a postcard. When I arrived in Tekapo I put my stuff away quickly and went out for a good walk. I started out walking along the lake, then crossed the street and followed a trail that was supposed to take 2 hrs. I did it in 1 1/2 hour and was lucky enough to enjoyb the sunshine while I could see all dark clouds around me. It looked a little scary as I have found out here that weather changes really quickly. But no problem there. I found my way walking through the woods up to Lake Scott and then back to Lake Tekapo. had something to drink and then went back to the hostel. It's a nice place to be here in tekapo and there are probably lots more walks to do. Unfortunately not for me, as I'm going back to Christchurch. I have had my share of the South Island so far, and I can tell you one thing, I'm coming back to this beautyful country.

No comments: