15 March 2006

Abel Tasman NP

This morning I got picked up by the bus early to go to Kaiteriteri, to catch a boat to Torrent Bay. From there I got to walk back to Marahau. The walk was mostly along the coast of Abel Tasman NP. Sometimes walking along the beach sometimes going through like a jungle. The walk was supposed to take up to about four hours, but it took me a little over 3 hours, even with resting in between and taking a bunch of pictures. The views over the bays with these really nice beaches was great. Over the mountains there were some really dark clouds coming in, so I did not want to take the risk of getting all wet. Luckily now rain came down and I had a nice walk through the national park. From Marahau the bus went back to Nelson and once again I had a day to remember.

No comments: