02 August 2006

How cruel can one be?

Today I heard an awfull story of a collegue of mine. I hadn't seen her for a while, but at first that didn't seem very strange to me, since I have been away to the Headoffice for 2 weeks and we work in shifts, so it's easy to miss one another for a while. Well today I spoke to her and she told me something that you do not want to happen to anyone. One of her best friends got murdered in her own house. Can you believe that? I have been thinking about it ever since she has told me. I can't believe that someone could do something like that? I feel very sad for her and ofcourse also for the family of the victim. When I heard about above, it just made me realize again that you must enjoy your life every single moment. Life is just too short to waist any of it. You never know when it's over.

2 Years ago I was on holiday in Peru and I'm very happy I'm still here. We were driving in a bus when all of a sudden a white pickup truck pulled over right in front of the bus. 4 Guys with guns jumped out of the truck and came in the bus. I was sitting in the front seat with 2 of the guys right in front of me. They were pointing their guns at me and my friend and you can imagine, I wasn't very comfortable sitting there. They took us to some place far from the larger road, so they could take their time. They were not satisfied with some money. They have been going through our stuffs for at least 3 hours while were laying down in the sand next to the bus. I will not tell you all details as that will be too difficult for me. In total there were six men and they took so much of our stuff. Money passports, camera's. Then they stabbed the tires of the bus and left. I happened it the first half of my holiday and I decided that since they already took so much of my stuff, I didn't want them to take the rest of my holiday. The whole group stayed and we were of good support to eachother. I'm very glad I finished my holiday as planned. Ofcourse I look back to this holiday with mixed feelings, but I can tell you I still think it's a beautyfull country with also lots of nice people. When I look back I think it was just a matter of timing: being on the wrong place at the wrong time. Ofcourse I have had very difficult time after this, especially with trusting people. When I walk on the streets and a person keeps walking right behind me, it still gives me the creeps. Now 2 years later, I have learned a lot from this experience. The most important thing is, as I have mentioned above... enjoy your life! Do the things you like and don't postpone them. You never know if you will be able to them later. The story of my collegue made me realize it again. Take care.

1 comment:

Reymond said...

BIG HUGS TO YOU CHANTAL!!!