20 August 2006

New Releases

Yesterday I went to the quarterly workshops. Good sessions for the workshops and awesome masterclasses again. The BP workshop was a really good one and also very usefull information to help participants in our classes. Bodypump is all about great body posture and this release is focussing on activating the 'core'. This will help you to get strong posture and a stable base before you start lifting your weights. I really enjoyed BP, this was the first release done by Glen as choreographer and I'd like to say: Good job Glen. I will have a good time.
BA was good as always. I like it when it's presented by Karin and Daniel. Both are pretty tall and that looks good on stage. Warm up track is "Be there" from which I think it's a good opening, it just tells you you've got to be there for this BA class. Track 3 will bring us to Brazil, which cheers you up when it starts to get tough. "Everybody on the floor" brings us to the first peak, and after that we actually get to go down on the floor for some upperbody conditioning. Then after the running track and the split room, we get to go to the interval track. For the people who do BP as well, it's a familiar one: "Everytime we Touch", but just in a higher speed. It gives lots of kicks followed by the 2nd and final power peak in track 9. You can't do anything else then 'Go deep'. Then some lower bodywork, which you should not forget and ofcourse the cooldown. It was great. Thanks Lisa and thanks Karin and Daniel for a great masterclass. Also the workshop session had some good info which helps us to get better and help our participants improve as well.
By the time I had to do BC, I was so tired and the inside temperature had raised to about 40 degrees I think and we couldn't open the doors because of the noise. I didn't manage to do full BC class, I only had breakfast so far, so after track 6 I could see little stars in front of my eyes. I decided that that wasn't the way to go, so I decided to watch the rest of BC as I had to assess the last BP masterclass after the BC class. Pretty tough doing BA and BC without any rest in between, especially w/o any oxygen in the room. It was actually kind a neat to watch the BC presentation. Claudia and Daniel always have nice presenations together. It's very inspiring. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go the workshop as it was at the same time as BA. I know the workshop had some special attention for the jab, which I think is good as this a move frequently done in BC.

I also think the general workshop on coaching is a good one. It will make us more of a coach instead of an instructor. How to become a mastercoach? What do you think, will make someone a good instructor/mastercoach? What brings you back to your groupfitness class everytime? There can be so many things, but when you have a lousy instructor in front of you, who isn't motivated, doesn't move properly, or isn't able to communicate with you, most people will probably not come back after the first time in class. Well there are 10 things for us as coaches, we need to work on. Some come naturally, some you have to work on, but practise gives results even for us as coaches.

Have fun with the new releases, even though it might be a while before they will be launched at our club. It gives me a while to learn 'm :-)

No comments: