10 August 2006

Today

This morning I woke up with the radio playing 'From Paris to Berlin...', and because I still like that song I decided to play it as this evenings squat track during pump class. Somehow this song reminds me of my holiday earlier this year in New Zealand. I got to present the track in Susan's BP class when I was in Auckland. I was really glad that I was able to teach day my own BP class today. Actually I had to work, and I had some difficulties to change my shift to an earlier shift. Usually I have a collegue at the gym with whom I can switch a class, but she's on holiday now and I realized that a bit late. I was very happy a found someone last monday who could work for me, so I had the day off today, and I will be working saturday evening. I'm really thankfull to her, especially when I found out it was chaos at the airport, because of terrorist threats at London Heathrow airport. I heard all flights to London Heathrow were delayed or cancelled, so that always gives us unhappy passengers, who usually do not want to understand that this is for their own safety and that we do not cancel flights to just tease them. When things like this happen it always costs a lot of money for the airline, so we are not pleased either. I'll find out tomorrow how the situation was today.
I enjoyed my day off, did some stuff at home, went out to check out some things as I want to fix up my kitchen and the floor in my house. Got some nice ideas, so this will be happening in the next few months. I won't be able to do everything in a short time as I still want to go on holiday as well :-). I went to gym around 6pm, I had to teach the abdominal class (15 min) as well. Pump class started at 7pm. It was crowded, and again I was very happy that I could teach my own class. I don't really like to skipp my own class, but sometimes I do have to because of work. At the airport I have a couple of nice collegues who always try to help me out, so it doesn't happen very often that I have to skipp class. When I started teaching the thursday evening, it wasn't a very full class, but I'm glad it is now. It's always good to see the familiar faces again, working hard and challenging themselves. You can see the faces in pain, working their butts of and then, just by giving them some attention, getting this smile from them. With that smile they just let me know that they haven't died yet :-) Todays class felt good, found an old bicep track with Robbie's 'Let me entertain you' and ofcourse DJ Tiesto is still awesome for lunges. I could feel my own legs riding my bike home. Oh oh and in 2 weeks I have to teach a spinning class right after thursday's BP class. I'm not certified to teach RPM, so when I'm substituting I always teach freestyle spinning. It has been a while for me teaching spinning. so my but will probably be sore then. I have to go check out my closet to find my biker shorts, that'll help being less painfull. Well, I'm off to bed now. Sleep tight.

No comments: