18 June 2006

Outdoor cycling

It has been over a year, but yesterday I decided to go for an outdoor bike ride. I had an early shift at work, the sun was shining and it wasn't too hot outside. When I got home I first had to get my bike ready (tires were flat) and I had to eat something before I could leave.
So at 17.00hrs I was ready and hopped on my racebike. It felt so good. I didn't really have a destination, but I just decided to enjoy the outdoors and listen to my ipod to learn the new tracks for next weeks release! Lot's of people were riding their bikes and later on, when I was riding along the 'Ringvaart', there were so many people on the water with their boats. Everyone seemed to be so happy and were waving to eachother. At times like this I alwasy realize that Holland is such a small country, but also very beautyfull. Sometimes people seem to be in rush all the time, but with the weather like this everyone is so relaxed and happy :-)
I was away a little less than 2 hrs and drove almost 60km. My butt is really sore now.....mmmm... I couldn't find my bikershorts so I wore my regular shorts..... auauauwww .... not funny! Maybe some people can remember their first rpm class.....It feels like that and then a little worse :-( In New Zealand I did one RPM class with Susan at Takapuna... great class, but I didn't have my bikershorts then either. You should think I have learned from that ... noop, not really I guess. Maybe this time.....

I just returned from a friends birthday. She planned an english High tea..... but is was so warm that we actually drank only Ice tea .... but ofcourse we still had all the nice sandwiches and sweet stuff... mjummy. It's good I had my bikeride yesterday and will have to teach again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Chantal said...

Oops .. didn't notice. Glad you're not a policeman :-)