06 June 2006

Holiday weekend

Saturday I still had to to go to work and monday as well. But still it was a holiday weekend because of Whitsunday. In the Netherlands that will also mean monday is an extra holiday :-).
Even though I still had to work at the airport it felt sort of like a long weekend. Sunday I went to the sauna with a friend of mine and we spent all day relaxing. We were very lucky as most of the day the sun was actually shining and I got a nice tan :-). Monday I had an early shift so I was home early as well. The gym was closed during the evening so I didn't have any classes to teach, so I went to gym right after work with a fellow attack instructor and we have been preparing for the launch of the the Les Mills quarter 26 June. I just love BODYATTACK 53. Well done Lisa & friends at Les Mills International, awesome release.

Tonight I will be teaching BODYPUMP and BODYCOMBAT at 2 different clubs of Healthcity. Both classes are not my own, but I might be seeing some people I know from my own classes.
Saturday I will also be substituting 2 classes. Í just love teaching and I while substituting for other instructors it makes me again and again aware of the way I'm teaching. We do not have these huge studios as in Auckland, so when you know a lot people personal in your class you are also aware of their mistakes and it makes it easy to forget about other things. But it is so important to keep on telling the safety instructions and proper ways to do the moves as it will prevent your members from getting injuries. Nobody goes to gym to get injured, so we as instructors should be aware of all that happens in the class. Never just think that people know what to do and what to think of. Maybe some do, but most don't. Just don't make it sound lke a tape your playing every time in class .... Reymond thanks for bringing up that subject! When Susan T. was in the Netherlands she gave some good advice on that, and now sometimes I imagine my Mom is taking my class. She doesn't have a clue on what BP, BA and BC is about, so I just think of her and pretend that I have to explain everything to her while doing the moves. And ofcourse don't forget to have fun while teaching or taking a class!!!

Below some pics taken at our quarterly in May.





Nice jump Karin and Brigitte with BA track 9!!

No comments: