11 June 2006

Goodbye pump...

Today was a little bit sad. Due to my new job at the airport I have started working in shifts and I will have to work 2 out of 3 weekends. No problem as I love my job, but for teaching my BODYPUMP class on sunday's, it is a problem. Today, after almost 3 1/2 years, I have taught my last sunday morning pump class. The members organized an unforgettable goodbye pump for me. When I walked into the room, they decorated my barbell with balloons and there was confetti on the floor. One of the guys in my class wrote a special warming up track together with a fellow pump instructor and he took over my class for warming up ... uhhh.... just to let you know, I always want to have and j keep control and now I didnot have it for the warming up ... Difficult ..... They wrote a choreography on: "Don't leave me (us) this way" and a special song written for the dutch soccer team at the worldcup in Germany (today was Holland's first match). Almost all people were dressed in orange because of that. I was glad that I got the strings back in my hands for the remaining tracks :-)... pfewww Afterwards a got some cards and presents, wow, and a friend made this really good apple pie!!! We had coffee tea and chatted. I will miss this class for sure, but I'm glad I still got my Monday's and Thursday's. In the afternoon we went outside to enjoy the sun again and at 3pm Holland played against Servia & Montenegro. Our guys won their first match!! Robben scored the only goal. Dutch people are always funny when there are big soccer tournaments going on. Everybody just goes crazy, dressing in orange, painting their faces orange etc and we could see on the big screen at the gym that the whole stadium was looking orange. Cool! So that's why we dressed orange as well during Pump class this morning.

To get a little impression see pictures below


No comments: