30 April 2006

30 April - Queensday

30 April is a holiday in Holland. It was the birthday of our Queen Mom and this is still celebrated every year. As this year 30 April is on a sunday all the festivities were on 29 April. So on saturday the gym was closed and on Friday night in all big cities there were all different kinds of festivities during the whole night. There are free markets everywhere, and lots of people are selling there old stuff like garage sales or yard sales in the USA. Bands are playing outside and it is actually a lot of fun. Too bad is was really really cold this year, so I didn't stay out very late.
Luckily the next day the weather wasn't too bad in the afternoon and when the sun was shining it was actually really nice. I went around our little city with a few friends but after a short while we found a table outside one the restaurants at the big square near my house and we had some lunch and enjoyed the sun. It was nice just sitting and chatting out there. In the evening we had some dinner and went home after that. I like Queensday the best when you can just enjoy the sun, chat, eat and just watch people walking around, so I was glad the weather was way better than the forecast was.

This morning the gym was open again and I had my sunday pumpclass. Before the class a collegue of mine and I decided to do some Bodycombat, so I was nice and warm before the Bodypump. It was a good class, even though I missed few of the people who are usually always there. I guess they were having a difficult time getting up after Queensday :-)

Tomorrow will be my first day actually working at the airport since the training at my new job. I start at six in the morning. I'm a little nervous, but also looking forward to it. Let you know later this week how the first days were at my new job. My parents are coming home some time tomorrow as well. They have been on holiday for a week. I hope I will be able to see them tomorrow, but that's depending what time they get in, as I have to work at the gym tomorrowevening. Honestly I can't say have to work, as I actually want to myself and I don't see teaching my classes as job. It is a job, but for me it doesn't feel like a job. I'm enjoying it so much, it's all my pleasure to be there and help others getting fit and having a good time.

No comments: