28 October 2006

Wellington

This afternoon I arrived in Wellington. First I planned to stay another day in Whakapapa at the national park, but as the weather wasn't to good I decided to leave for Wellington one day earlier as beside being outdoors and walking, there's not much to do in Whakapapa. It took about 6 1/2 including all stops to get to Wellington. We had one stop in a little town where they had a dutch shop. Ofcourse I went in there to see what they where selling. There is another dutch guy on the bus and we decided to buy some haring (rolmops) at the store. I guess all the other people at the bus thought we were a kinf of weird since we were eating raw fish, but it's something typical dutch and we both liked it. They also sold 'ontbijtkoek', 'pepernoten', 'stroopwafels', 'beschuit met muisjes', 'hagelslag', 'vlokken' dutch cheeses and even dutch 'senseo' coffee. Sorry don't know the other english words for all this dutch food. After that we drove straight on to Wellington. It was again a nice drive. Upon arrival a went to explore the area for a bit and right now it's raining again so I am glad I am here writing my emails and updating my blog. Unfortunately I have to go out again to go back to the hostel. Tomorrow I think I'll be going to the Te Papa museum, which is (according to Lonely planet), THE Museum of New Zealand and something you should not miss being in Wellington. Well I guess with the weather like this it's defenitely something I going to be doing :-).

No comments: