25 October 2006

Lake Taupo

At the moment I am in Taupo. Left Rotorua yesterday after a visit at a Maori Village called Te Whakarewarewa. Took me quite some time to pronounce this right, but I think I am able to do so now. It was an interesting visit and very nice to learn some more about the Maori culture. On the way to Taupo we have stopped at a hot water springs. Weird thought that when you put your hand in a river stream it appears to be very warm water. We had the possibilty to go swim in it, which I ofcourse did. We had another stop and some boiling and exploding mud, which was quite neat to see. Close to Taupo the bus stopped at the Huka Falls. Impressive to see how much water comes down these falls. They say it's anough to fill 2 Olympic size swimmingpools every second, can you imagine!
Rightnow I am sitting in an Internet place, but listening to the music I got the feeling I am in a Les Mills gym. I think I've heard about 10 BP and 4 BA tracks. Quite hard to sit still and type my travel journal that way :-) Well anyway, I am gonna go for a walk now. I hope I will not be too cold as the outside temperature isn't very warm. But at least it's not raining right now.
Later!!!

No comments: