23 October 2006

Kia Ora

Yeah, I'm back and having a great time here in New Zealand. Friday I arrived in Auckland after a pretty long trip. I was very lucky to travel business class on the flight Amsterdam-Kuala Lumpur, so I had a good sleep. When I arrived in Auckland a went to the hotel and arranged the buspass. I planned to travel on Magic bus, but their schedule isn't very good at the moment due still winter times, so I switched to Stray Travel. A bit more expensive, but with a better schedule.
Saturday morning I left right away for Hahei at the Coromandel Peninsula. A beauthfull ride, which started of at Mt. Eden. Unfortunately it was so foggy, there was notjing to see up there, I could hardly see my own arm when I stretched it out in front of me. So I might have to get up there again when I'm back in Auckland. We arrived around 1.30pm in Hahei and I went of for a Kayak trip along the eastcoast. Beautyfull green/blue ocean, the sun even came out and I had a great time. Spotted a penguin and a bird divig from way up in the sky to the fish in the ocean to get his dinner. Pretty cool to see how he did that.
The next day the bus drove on to the westcoast, to Raglan, known for the surfers waves. I had never done surfing before, but I can tell you now, it's awesome. It was very difficult, but I managed to get up 5 times for at least 5 seconds. The feeling when you're up on the waves.... can't describe it. I know I'd like to do that more often :-)
This morning we first went to Waitomo, to see the glowworm caves. Pretty awesome, I'd like my bedroom ceiling to be like that. Would be neat to have these small lights. It's amazing how bright the larves shine. We also went in another cave and have been walking around the area for a bit. Unfortunately it has been raining all day. Not just a little, I was soaking wet and cold as well. Hopefully this is only for one day....At the moment I'm in Rotorua and tomorrow afternoon I'll be leaving for Taupo. Let you know later what's going on there.

No comments: