05 July 2006

Is everything possible?

It's too hot to be outside, It's too hot to be inside and didn't know what to do anymore so I started to sort out a few things from my days in Synchro. Didn't come very far, as I started reading old stuff and looking at pictures and just started thinking of the good times I had in Synchro. I found this text in between my stuff:

Anything is possible,
If you think it is worthwhile
If you're willing to go the distance,
To go the extra mile.

With determination and effort,
You can often achieve more
Because you don't always get what you wish,
But what you work for.

Dreams can become challenging,
But no matter what the cost
Strive to complete the task before you,
And you'll never end up lost.

So bring with you your goals,
And leave your doubts behind
Whether you think you can or can't,
You certainly will find.

You'll be right either way-
-so never quit, and this is why:
You'll never become a failure,
Until you fail to try.

When I started reading my diary from our National Team trainingcamp in Canada in 1995, I could hardly believe all the things we had to do and that we actually did all these extremely hard things. It seemed almost impossible... but indeed ALMOST... we managed to do it, so it was possible! We just had one thing on our mind's and that was to improve our skills and try to qualify for Atlanta '96.... Together with our whole team we worked our butt's of, but unfortunately we didn't qualify. Still, reading above, I don't think we failed as we did not quit as a team and we tried our best. We never gave up.

I always thought I would not be able to be a groupfitness instructor. Why? I don't know, that's just what I used to think. Then I decided to give it a try .... That has just been one of the best decisions I ever made.... I gave it try and I managed to do it and the best thing: I'm loving it.

Don't give up b4 trying something..... you might even like it.

Below some pics of my last year in synchro at European Cup In Bari, Italy. We got National Champions with the team that year and were selected to represent Holland at European Cup A in 2001:

1 comment:

talk said...

hello..blog hopping via blogger while looking for interesting blog titles..and found yours :-)