09 May 2007

Life is all about...

... making choices.

Today I was talking to someone and the person was amazed that I had so much time to do sports and go to the gym. She said she never has time to do that. I'm not suprised about that anymore. It's something I hear very often nowadays. Everybody is busy with everything and so many people say: I don't have time. I think that's bull....
You can choose a lot of things you do in life. One of the choices I make is going to gym, teaching classes and enjoy that very much. But everybody can make that choice. A choice is something you prefer to do above something else. There's no right or no wrong, it's just something you like to do. An excuse which is made very often by people when they want to end their membership of the gym is: I do not have time to go to gym. But somehow these people know exactly what's on TV tonight, have seen every movie and know all about the newest commercials. Good for you, but don't come to me and complain you often feel tired, you're in bad shape, you've gained weight and other stuff like that. You choose not to go the gym but to stay home and watch TV instead. I know not every single person in this world loves sports as much as I do, but I hope everybody loves his/her life as much as I do and would like to enjoy it as long as possible. A healthy way of living will help you to enjoy your life longer. Just a work out for at least 30 mins a day would do good already. That doesn't mean go to the gym everyday. It means take a walk or ride your bike instead of taking the car. Take stairs instead of the elevator. Walk up to a person at work instead of making a phonecall to a person just 2 doors away from you. Be the one who gets the coffee, instead of the one being served. Small things like that will already help you. It's again the choice you and only you can make. I do not want to talk everyone into going to the gym, but I hope more people would like to make the choice to find some time to get up and move.
Take care.

1 comment:

Reymond said...

That is SO TRUE, Chantal. Great post!