26 February 2007

1st Quarterly 2007

This weekend was a so called Les Mills weekend. It started Thursday evening. Claudia, a friend of mine, came over. She taught BP with Aubrey and me, BA as well. The next day we went to Nieuwegein for our Masterclasses, workshops and some assessment. It was quite a long day, but I had a good time. It was fun doing the Masterclasses presented by our own trainers, which I done in New Zealand before. I think the workshops are very good. BP workshop is all about head and neck stability. Unfortunately we've got mirrors in our club. Most member just love to watch themselves in the mirror, which very often makes that they don't listen, or hear the instructors comments to help 'm improve. By looking in the mirror all the time, their neck alignment is all gone.
Why do we want a good head and neck alignment? So we do not damage or injure our neck or upper back, so we can maintain good posture and lift weights from a solid platform.
How? Lengthen the back of your neck, and gently tuck in your chin. Always keep your eyes forward!
BA presentation was fun as well. I really enjoyed B. and K. teaching the masterclass.
I was pretty tired by the end of day, but I still had to do BC masterclass. Both Tiny C. and I looked at eachother and didn't really feel like doing it, but a well, as assessor we should set an example, so we went for it. And was I glad... by the time we started track 3, I was energized and I had so much fun. Thanks C. and D. for being awesome motivators!
Saturday I had to go to work first and then I went to Nieuwegein for assesment. Claudia came back to Hoofddorp again. We had dinner from Toko Pandora and I fell a sleep early ( I was awake since 4.45 am) Sunday same thing, Work at the airport first, did assesment and also did my BB Masterclass. I loved it. Still think it isnt easy, as it's all fairly new, but a great challenge!
Next weekend the last weekend for 1 st quarterly 2007. Then all of Holland is ready for all the new releases.
Tonight BA/BP night. Tomorrow work and lunch/shopping with a collegue in Haarlem and wednesday 1 day off of work. I probably have to do some housework :-(

No comments: