15 February 2007

First BB class

This morning I taught my very first full BB class. I was quite nervous, as BB is such a different program and the moves are fairly new to me. But all went well, (even though I say so myself). I knew I had good knowledge of the choreo, so that's about half the class. But since BB is new to me, I find coaching the hard part. With BP, BA & BC it's all natural, but this ... wow... I really got to think. I was glad people came up to me after class, telling me that they learned new things and said they'd love me to come back. Good thing, it's all calm and you have the time for everything. I really love it, even though I still think it's hard to shut up :-), especially after teaching a BA class right in front of that .... Which was also special this morning, as normally it's a freestyle High shape class. But I do not teach freestyle classes, so for this morning they turned the class into BA, as there was no freestyle instructor available. The class did very well, even though only 1 person had done BA before. They were exhausted, even though I did way more options than usual since they aren't used to BA. Best thing was they had a good time, and that's one of they reasons why I'm teaching.
This evening I wasn't able to teach my own classes, as I had to work at the airport. Next week all will be normal again. Teaching all my own classes on Monday and Thursday. Yesssss
Can't wait for BA Monday again, it's so much fun and the class is always so excited, I love it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mel said...

hey I stumbled across your blog, and I thought it was amusing about what you said about teaching BB for the first time. You teach the same programs as me, except BA is the newest for me, and I feel the same way about BA as you do about BB ;)

I did my BA training in Oct 06, but the other programs I've been teaching for 3 years. With BB, BC and BP I can go into a class and not think much about it, I just learn the choreo and teach it. Not so with BA.......so yeah, I know how you feel ;)