08 January 2007

Bodybalance Module Training

Last weekend I had the first 2 days of the BODYBALANCE module training. It was great. Really different from the 3 other programs I have done so far, but I enjoyed it a lot. I really had to switch the button. I'm quite an active person, or maybe I should say very active :-). Always busy, always moving and, yes for the people who know me well, always talking. Can you imagine how hard it was to find this switch? But it's cool. I know BB is going to help me to improve as an instructor/coach, also in the other programs, and it'll help me to keep my body fit and flexible.
One of the things I learned last weekend and which I like a lot is SBS (set-up, breath, silence). I find it difficult to use this, especially the last part :-), since I'm so much used to 'bring it home' and motivation. It's all quite a challenge. Last weekend I had to present track 5, hip openers. I can tell you, you do not want to feel what I felt on sunday morning. I was quit surprised I had so many muscles around my butt and hips, which I wasn't aware of. I could feel my butt with every move I made. I had been practicing this track the whole evening to get this swan pose and half lotus well. Warrior's, down dog's etc I could do pretty good and also deep, but the swan pose and half lotus I find very hard. Practice, practice, practice that's what I'll do. Next week I will have to do track 1, Tai chi Warm up. I really like this track, and I hope I will be able to do well, as it'll be my examination track for the temporarily certificate. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

1 comment:

O' Natur Nail said...

hey! how many days total is training and do they always split it up like that? here we'll do 2 or 3 days straight and be done with it. good luck but i'm sure you'll do just fine!!! SBS, now shhhhh ;)