05 September 2006

AIM - Advanced Intructor Module

Last weekend I went to the Les Mills AIM training in Roosendaal. It was the first AIM training here in de the Netherlands I was glad I was able to go. It's a great training for Silver certified LM instructors. It was quite intensive, because a lot of information is given. Mostly theory and a lot of talking on the first day. Lots of thinking about yourself and how you do things. We also had a few games in between to point out several things. Funny stuff that makes you think again. Second day we also worked out and had to present tracks. AIM actually is a bunch of questions which will be discussed during the training, and these questions will challenge you as an instructor in your way of teaching. Always be there for 110%, be prepared to learn and analize yourself. Focus, dedication and practise. It was great. We had a good team of trainers, which I also think is in important. They really took time to help us with all our questions and they were passionate about the training as well. Good job Else & Remi.

Yesterday evening I have been teaching BA and BP. I was exhausted. I taped my BA class and watched it yesterday evening. Really good to watch yourself and then try to improve yourself for the next time. Last thursday I taped my BP class. Next thursday, or maybe tomorrow as well I will tape BP class again, to see if I was able to fix the things I noticed on my tape. Today I did not have any classes to teach, so after work I went to gym and had my own training. I first did BC for 45 minutes as I have to teach BC again tomorrow and after that I decided to do BA. I had the video with me and taped it again. Just to watch my technique, power and energy. Even though I was tired, I could push myself to go deeper, higher and be stronger. Next time I have to do that in class. I feels good to be working out this way again. Just like the old days with swimming. Practise, watch, improve and keep on doing that. There are always small things you can improve.

No comments: