08 September 2006

Yesterday

Yesterday evening I had a good talk with someone. At the moment I'm practising really hard to improve myself as an instructor, and I'm not easily satified with what I do when I watch the video's. Some people around me just say, why are you not satisfied, you've got pretty full classes, we get positive feedback from customers, but I still got this feeling I can do better. I know there is more in me and I want to get it out. Sometimes it's frustrating and it can make me real insecure as well. I have been through this earlier, but sometimes when you're so passionate about something and you've got something on your mind, it's so easy to fall back to previous mistakes. Haven't I learned from the past? Oh yes I have, because now I'm noticing it and before I didn't. Yesterday we talked for almost 2 hours about is. Not a lot of people are as passionate as we both are, but it's good to have someone who know's what you'd like to achieve tell you to ease down on yourself. It really helped me. This morning I was watching yesterday's class taping and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Ofcourse still things to improve, but yesterday's talk helped me to watch the tape through different eyes. There are also things I do well I found out. Thanks for letting me know R.

I found this text this morning:

  • Focus on something that you do well and find a way to do it even better. The substance of value that you create is never wasted.
  • Choose something that you do well and find a way to make the fruits of your efforts available to those around you. By providing real value to others, you expand the treasures in your own life.
  • Take something you do well and find a way to make it enjoyable. The more you enjoy what you're doing, the more effective you'll be.
  • Find something you do well and teach it to others. The more you can duplicate your efforts, the more value there is for everyone.
    Look at something you do well and consider the real, lasting sense of fulfillment it can bring. Remember that life is about making a difference.
  • The things you do well provide you with the opportunity to give of yourself in real and meaningful ways. That's an opportunity you don't want to miss.

And here another one:

For the best
Something did not turn out the way you wanted. And maybe, it was for the best.
Disappointments and setbacks can have a way of becoming positive turning points. When something does not work out, it makes room for other possibilities. Be careful not to attach your sense of fulfillment too tightly to specific outcomes and circumstances. For there are far more possibilities than you have yet imagined. Sometimes you aim too high and sometimes you aim too low. When you do, the resulting disappointments can help guide you toward where you truly want to be. Whether the last few days have seen you move forward or fall back, new doors have most certainly been opened by whatever has happened. Choose now to focus on the most promising of your current options. Go with the assumption that whatever happens is for the best. And you'll find a way to make it so. Marston, R.

2 comments:

O' Natur Nail said...

wow, great post!! and you always find such awesome words to go along with the subject. thanks for this.. it was a beneficial read since i struggle with this as well. i'm sure you're a wonderful/amazing instructor. don't be too hard on yourself- we're all human! ~big hugs~

Chantal said...

Thanks, Tressa