31 March 2007

Bodies, The Exhibition

Today I went to Bodies, The Exhibition. It was in "De Beurs van Berlage" in Amsterdam. Like it's already in the name, it's an exhibition all about the human body. I heard about it via a friend of mine, she is a physiotherapist and went there a couple of months ago. When she told me about it, I thought it was a bit odd, as it's all real parts of the human body which are exposed there. Muscles, bones, the human nervous system. But after I heard some more about it, I became more interested and when Claudia asked me if I wanted to go I said yes.
And it really was impressive. It's just amazing to see how a human body is build up. I think everybody knows the pictures from their Biology book at school .. but to see this in real......

Every tiny blood vessel, muscle, bone etc it was shown. And if you really think about that this all could be made within one minute :-).....
More amazing that all these things put together is the human body. The human body which makes me able to BODYPUMP, BODYATTACK and so much more. By the way: human lungs were also shown .. smokers and non-smokers. Am I glad I'm a non smoker, the smokers lungs almost looked like the highway, all covered with tar ....

Like to know more, click
here

No comments: